A Journey in the mid of Covid

A journey where everything is offered to God and started with the blessings.

First RT- PCR test. The result was negative. Crossed the first step of the journey. Within 48 hrs the flight started.

The first connection flight was from Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala after 8 months of stay and going back home to Italy. The hope of words of those who love me gave me full strength to travel. Airhostess wearing PPE kit standing and welcoming onboard with their usual smiling face. I entered the flight and sat in my seat. I had booked an extra legroom seat, especially for this trip to make sure that I can sit comfortably. I sat on it and put on my seat belt. "Who will sit in the seat next to me now", was my first concern. But there was no one sitting next to me in that row. Very few passengers on the flight. Pin drop silence. Passengers wearing masks and face shields which are compulsory in this flight to travel.

It felt like missing something. I have never been on a trip like this. Once the flight was departed air hostess supplied a hygienic kit. Everything is according to the covid protocol. An air hostess sanitizes the washroom frequently. Their workload increased. I felt that our journey is so safe.

The fear in my mind was come down as I walked along the transitway looking for the next connecting flight in Dubai. Finally reached the gate of the destination flight. Everywhere is strictly followed by Covid Protocol. Checked the document, showed the passport in the biometric scanner, opened the door which leads us to the lounge to board the flight. It is a European sector flight with around 400 passengers capacity. Unfortunately, I saw less than 50 passengers on the flight. For me, it feels like a flight charted for me. There too the food was served according to the covid protocol. There is a special cover in every seat pocket to put the masks and gloves we used if we want to change it. It was a long hour flight so we have to change the masks every 4 hrs.

In the end, landed at the destination airport. Checking was done quickly because there was no rush. Before that, in the flight, they have distributed a self-declaration form declaring that I am not a Covid positive patient and I will stay at home 14 days quarantine. The customs officer checked the full details of the place of my stay with the phone number to get in touch with me during my quarantine stay at home for 14 days. Got permission to go home and I went out. My husband was standing outside with the car. At last, we met after 8 months. Covid blocked me from travel. 

The flight I was traveling on was a non-covid flight. What is this non-covid flight? A non-covid flight is a flight that allows only those with an RT-PCR negative certificate taken 72 hrs in advance. 

It is winter and the outside is covered with full of snow. Nature is shivering with that cold. Everywhere pin-drop silence. On my way home I feel like nature wants to say something to me. Busy streets and the roads are deserted. Here, too, the covid has severely paralyzed everyone. I was scared when I first boarded the flight. Now that fear has changed and I feel very sad. When those old days will come back? 

I would like to thank all those who gave me the courage to embark on this journey to come back home. We have to win against this pandemic. I believe in the power of medical science. However for me the beautiful dawn is not far away from us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Healthy New Year 2021

Is faith is an emotion and a feeling?

Why Online Shopping is More Popular now?

If you have a dream follow and do it

Are you making these Health Mistakes every day?